View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 06:38 PM
va1erian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
I would be doubtful on the prices dropping much if at all right now. I suspect these companies could handle a few months of slow sales and besides I imagine it might not help that much anyway, since there's a lot more people that may no longer have the discretionary funds to buy at this time thanks to the large amount of unemployment.
Watching the market in the past month, I tend to concur with your conclusions. I have purchased the ZWO ASI183MC camera directly from the ZWO website. They did not charge me the additional 10% for GST like Aliexpress does. I will see if the customs charge me for GST upon the package's arrival to Australia. I paid the full price even if I thought that ZWO would still hold the traditional EOFY and EOY 10% sale. In Australian dollars, I now paid 5% more than I would pay in the end 2019 when I first thought about buying a new camera. I did not buy the camera from the known Sydney store, as their price went up in April with the AUD dropping to US$0.57, and did not go down when the exchange rate went back to US$0.65. It would cost me 25% more to buy from them. (Although I bought an ASI120MC-S from them a year ago as it was cost effective.)