View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 05:57 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
Don't forget, if you're in the OAG camp, you're likely to need a new one of those as well.

I think if you're saving up for one of these, mono is the way to go. Just save for a bit more longer I guess.
I missed this one and yes, new OAG required. I was replacing the one I have been using anyway due to lack of rigidity so if I go mono I will look at the full setup of ASI6200 cam with the tilt plate removed, filter wheel then OAG with the tilt plate fitted to it.

I am hoping to catch Stellarvue before they anodise the body of the field corrector to go with my new SVX80T to get them to run the camera side thread a bit further down the outside and add some backfocus distance as the cam/wheel/oag/tilt plate combo in theory is bang on the 55mm required normally, and I will need a thread adapter that will consume 2mm and would prefer to have another couple of mm to fine tune with spacers.

The SVX80T has an image circle that covers a full frame and I bought the one with the 3" focuser to avoid vignetting, just in case I can manage a 6200.