View Single Post
Old 27-05-2022, 07:02 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Hey Alex the 18mm proved to be suited for the job and the result was great even with the high ISO.

Have to agree the 50mm didn't deliver and the noise is pretty bad, I have found that the stars will distortion at the edges because putting a 50mm lens on the Infinity Line on the barrel of the Lens is not really Infinity.

I, (and you probably are aware of this,) first put the Lens on Auto point it at a distant street light or similar and get it focused then switch to manual and take the shots at any length you want.

Just my two cents worth.

Good effort on the first one though.

Leon
Good morning Leon.

What a pleasant surprise to get my meds out of the way ,sit down with my morning cuppa ( is there anything better) and find that my old friend is well and offering me encouragement and advice.

Really what an absolutely wonderful start to my day.

Getting a result, any result given the seeing was a big win and to find that a high ISO was useful really made my night. AND to finally be able to use that lens made me just so happy and very grateful to JA.

Honestly I was ready to trash both these lens and although they are cheap me being unsophisticated about lens quality am very happy with them cause they are delivering far better results than I expected...and to think I can do this outside my door is a real boon.

I managed quite a few subs at 1600 ISO but I passed out half way thru processing so I will look at those later in my rest period but now I have to go and work on my road ..I picked up more pavers and concrete so will add a further improvement..chip chip chip.

I like to select a star on the screen blow it up and focus but I do not have a mask so it really could be better...however I am happy very very happy to get a few crumbs.

Thanks for dropping in a wish Alice a happy Friday from me.

Alex