View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 09:46 AM
RobF (Rob)
Mostly harmless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toc View Post
NINA is my tool of choice, and I own both SGP and Voyager. Really have come to love it.

My only real gripe is the rather confusing method of changing the layout of various windows in the 'imaging' section. It's great that its so customisable, but I get lost in anchoring windows and getting things how I want them.
Must admit with both NINA and SGP you sometimes wonder if you'll be able to get back to the previous layout when you start moving the window panels about.

Very pleased how all aspects of NINA have held up in the field. Had some hardware challenges to work around, but otherwise the framing, sequencing, focusing etc performed very well. Speed and reliability of plate solving is impressive, and integration with PHD2 dithering etc excellent. Once everthing is ready, bang - its off and exposing without any messing about.

The only area I've managed to trick myself up so far is in the basic sequencer set to run multiple targets. Managed to unknowlingly mess with slew/centre/autofocus/meridian flips settings between targets, and then later puzzled why it wasn't flipping, or focusing etc. Eventually realised it had done exactly what I'd told it to however

Still have SGP installed in the background. Nice they now only support and supply the most up to date V3 release. Haven't had to fall back to it yet however.

Last edited by RobF; 11-07-2021 at 10:11 AM.