View Single Post
Old 13-11-2021, 01:09 AM
Cynicide (Anthony)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickoid View Post
Good start Anthony, it's an interesting journey you'll be undertaking from this point and there'll be lots to learn. Did you take this with your camera attached to your telescope? Without tracking, you will be limited to stacking many short exposures. I'm not sure how long each of your 10 sub-exposures were but if you were to do at least 100 of these, you would notice a huge difference after stacking. I'm sure you'll be giving it another go when this wet weather passes and we will be interested in following your progress.
This was without tracking and no telescope in a fairly light polluted area. I just have a cheap $40 tripod that I just mounted the camera to. 10 second exposures at f2.0 lens equivalent of a 50mm full frame lens. The full photo contains the ground as well but I cropped it out as an astrophotography subreddit I'm on has rules like not posting things below the Kármán line and I wasn't sure if that was the case here.

I'm keen to do more exposures before stacking but I want to get an intervalometer so I don't have to keep count in my head.