View Single Post
Old 16-05-2023, 11:42 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronson View Post
No worries, Mark, will update once I run some more tests.

For comparison, here are some non-uniformity numbers for other panels: https://www.astroworldcreations.com/...t3-conclusions, Non-uniformity section.

The build quality of the Giotto seems fine. Looks like a 3d printed shell, but pretty sturdy.

Something I noticed, my 5.5mm 2.5 and 2.1 DC 12v cables did not fit the power socket. I tried with my cables as the included one has a cigarette lighter on one end and I prefer both ends to be 5.5mm DC. There are adapters with female cigarette lighter sockets to DC, so this might be an option. Not an issue really, my cables might be picky

In terms of brightness, it’s plenty. A 3nm narrowband filter at f/6.4 gets me an ADU of about 28k with a 2 sec exposure at 2/3 brightness of the panel. This is pretty good as I was worried it might take minutes for the narrowband flats, based on people’s experience with other panels.
Sounds good. Interesting read. I try & get exposures between 3 & 4 seconds so knowing it will get down there even with 3nm filters is a plus. The power cable isn't an issue, I'll just make my own if needed.

Cheers,
Mark