Thread: Karahan tepe
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2022, 01:26 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by iborg View Post
Hi Alex

I agree about Youtube, lots of valuable information.

I am slowly, working my through Barans heterocycle lectures, slow going as I am trying to understand the chemistry, and have to keep looking up bits and pieces.

Philip
Look if you find any difficulty just ask.

He has I think two people to field questions and he may even deal with it before the class.

I know this because he says so at the start.

Never have I found a lecture so incredibly difficult to grasp.

I expect one needs specific knowledge before you attempt this stuff?

I was very interested in chemistry when I was 11 such that I read everything I could get my hands on my sourse being two cousins each of who were school teachers so I would borrow all their text books so that after a while I could pass Leaving Certificate Chemistry which demonstrates no more than if I decide to learn its not a problem but tell me I must and I am as dumb as a post.

I presume that you have a career to do with Chemistry as it seems to me you would need considerable study before you took on this stuff and further I gather that theses " chemists" are engaged by other chemists to produce products.

I guess I am asking if you can explain more about the context of these lectures.

I got into molecular biology and I would have watched over ten lectures before I started getting a small glimpse of what they were talking about but I feel that I would not be that lucky with these lectures as is seems very heavy going.

Alex