View Single Post
Old 17-06-2021, 02:44 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
JA I am getting just so excited about what may be achieved with short exposures....I wonder just how many subs you can stack in Deep Sky Stacker...I think it spat the dummy when I tried 750 once but that could be the computer...anyways I am confident at 500...so 500 at 5 seconds seems like a starting point ...and I am going to go all 7 filters RBG so as to get good coloured stars...RBG just for star colour maybe...so much to think about....selecting the good subs seems an area to address...star count probably does not really indicate quality..I wonder...in the past I looked at each sub and decided...I suppose that is the best way...mmmm 500 subs by 7 filters thats 3500 say 10 seconds to judge but then there is the time to go to the next ... A long time but that is what I will need to do.
Alex
Alex,
The 2600MC which I have and the 2600MM which your about to get require a lot of storage and RAM memory
My sub files on the 2600MC are 51MB files each
I’d strongly advise you update your old laptop ( if it’s 5 years or older ) to something which has at least an i7 processor , 8GB ram and plenty of storage Hearing your going to stack hundreds and hundreds of subs from these new cameras got my attention !!! not to mention storage and processing
I bought a second laptop early this year , my old laptop, has i7 processor , 1TB and 32GB ram
The new laptop has i7 processor , 1TB storage and 16GB ram
I use the old one for capture and the new one for stacking and processing
They are both interchangeable ie: I can image and process with both , all apps are duplicated
These new generation ZWO and QHY CMOS cooled cameras suck the power and chew the memory and storage
Just a heads up .....
Martin