View Single Post
Old 17-06-2021, 11:16 AM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thanks JA for taking your time to consider the matter.
It would be wonderful if I find a six to one situation .... Anyways a field test is needed but ultra short exposures seem within grasp.
Because of my health I need to plan on less time imaging...we shall see hopefully.
Alex
Hi Alex,

Yes It will be in that order. In optical terms it is 4.9 times faster as mentioned, but then there is the difference in quantum efficiency of your new camera (ASI2600) to consider. It is stated as 91% by the manufacturer which is huge and I suspect although I can't find it listed is at least 30% higher than the ZWO ASI1600) so there'e many gains to be had there too. If I had to guess and combine the two improvements of optical and camera, I would say it would be in the range of 7* times faster

*TBA as I try to find QE of 1600mm - found it ~= 60%. The 1600mm also has a smaller sensor so FOV & light collection will also be effected- I will try to account for this in a later post.

Based on 4.9 times optically faster (see previous post) and in Light/Electron efficiency (QE) terms 91/60 = 1.52 times more efficient so your new system should be something like 4.9 x 1.52 = 7.43 times faster, so that your previous 60 second exposure could be had in something like 8 seconds in light/electron gathering terms.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 17-06-2021 at 11:31 AM.