View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 08:17 PM
Stephane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Did you use the 3 point polar alignment routine in NINA?

For processing, this is a very blue image. I don't think the NGC 2997 group is coming towards us, so if anything it should be redshifted
Adam, thank you for the tips. Yes, I did use the 3 point polar alignment in NINA. Fairly straightforward, but as soon as I was within half an arc minute, every 3 second exposure would result in a larger and larger error, until I was an entire degree off. Really weird. I wasn't touching anything.

As for colours, yes, I messed around with the colours a lot, bumping up the blues and reducing green. I didn't touch the reds, but my colour calibration is definitely off. I haven't quite mastered that yet, but am watching videos and reading articles. I think I was just so happy to see "something bright" that I didn't really care at the time, but that will definitely be my next goal for improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Stephane,
So as not to alarm you I’ll attach Cuiv the lazy geeks YouTube video which clearly demonstrates what binding of the worm gear sounds like and how to rectify and clear any backlash in your mount
Thanks Martin, I'll watch this video. RA sounds like a mosquito like yours. Dec has a slight grinding noise. Not that bad that I am panicking, but enough for me to mention. I might try your procedure if I muster up the courage. I am getting nervous just thinking of the damage I might do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Top effort Stephane on your first gaxaly,
Thank you, Kuz