View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 12:30 AM
gypsy (Mick)

Hi guys
thanks for the kind comments
Raymo
I wasn’t sure whether to post in beginners or the main forum didn’t want to upset anyone
happy for admin to move if they want to
it is the first time I have pointed my camera at the witch head and most of my Astro has been wide field stuff milky way landscapes ect its only recently I been having a crack at some of the deeper space targets and most of them were not to flash, until I started using the tracker and learning how to use that was an education in itself lol

Anthony
Might have made it look easy but I assure you it wasn’t, as I said in my earlier post im no Stanger to photoshop (photography has been a hobby for 20 years)
but I would have 4 or 5 hours editing on this, I kept walking away and coming back
I wasn’t even sure I had captured any image at all until I ran a few levels and curves
could only get a really feint image until I tried separating the stars and working on the nebula on its own.

Ryan
off square orientation? do I need to crop differently or is it down to a personal preference thing? i just left it as it was imaged.
yes, I did use arcsinh I only came across it a few weeks ago so still playing around with it
I only use number 10 I find any more brightens the image to much in 1 go,

Regards
Mick