View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 02:23 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
IMO unless you have a +$7K mount
I ordered the RASA 11 planing on using it on the EQ6 and I am reasonably confident it will handle short exposures but I feel I may get a EQ8...it started just getting the mount ..around $6k,.no tripod..but then I thought fitting it to the current pier will be work that I would be best avoiding so go for one with a tripod...so up from about $6 k to $8 k ( approximations only as I dont have to be exact for the story) ...then I notice that there is a $12 k unit..with an encoder..and heck Dillon has one so...I ask John at Bintel to tell me all about it and he says maybe consider the Paramount ...mmmm...add a tripod and what started as $6 k is now $16 k and although I could get my hands on the cash and cant take it with me there is no way I can spend $16 on a mount..would not matter if I had millions in my sock...but it makes the $8 k one seem somehow " thrifty" so maybe ...it depends if I can get back to living in the van...but the EQ 8 appeals in so far as in the future , if there is one, I could get a long fl Celestron 11 inch and get into galaxies down the track ...maybe the $12 one..mmm even the $16 k one ... It is all so stupid really given my current gear is beyond my ability...maybe buy the sports car instead.
Thats the thing when you see what you can buy with the money you can spend on astro gear....
And your lazy geek guy..I like..thanks.
Alex