Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Clive,
Excellent review , very comprehensive and well presented
I don’t have the QHY268C but I have it’s competitor the ZWOASI2600MC
Very similar performance and results
I’ve gone from using a Canon 600D wit QE 38% for nearly 4 years to the 2600MC in August 2020 with QE at 80% ( quantum leap in performance )
I take darks every session ( but hardly use them ) and do not need to remove the camera, just pop the lid on ( 8” newt )
When I process with and without darks no matter what objects , integration time , cooling temperature etc... I can’t see any discernible difference in my images as this camera is so damn good , extremely low noise , negligible dark current etc.....
I purchased my 2600MC for $3,400 in August last year and now they have come down to $3,200.
Thanks for posting
Cheers
Martin
it would appear these cameras are very clean, i had a modded 300d canon way back, then got a qhy8 then a 9, the 8 was a color chip which was very clean, the 9 less so. i havent really had a chance to gather much with this camera, but it looks very promising, and its fun just to go out and get something to process every time you use it. the upgrade was going to be the mono camera until i went out one night and couldnt get motivated enough to shoot rgb on aforementioned galaxy, so decided on the color.

its expect that both the zwo and the qhy perform similarly, the holden and ford of the camera world, it comes down to the skill of the driver, gregs just got the bathurst model.

i wasnt going to buy a cmos until the amp glow was resolved, bit like going back to my 300d.

3k plus is a bit of money, but this is my 4th camera in approx 18 years, so 6 years for a camera, thats about $1.50 a day, or a lot less than a cup of coffee.