View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 01:30 AM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

Thanks Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Hi Josh,

I've never seen a device that could correct for an off-centered chip! Tilt, sure, off center, no way!

One way I thought of doing it would be to measure the chip offset, then intentionally offset the threads on both ends of the adapter the same amount, i.e., make them non-concentric. The device would be rotated until it compensated for the chip offset and then locked down with a locking ring.

Would that work?

Cheers,

Peter

Sounds familiar Peter and an interesting idea.

I have my reservations about making the threads non-concentric with each other. This would be quite costly. Also, yes, you could lock it down at the desired location, but this will alter your backfocus. This would most likely need another adapter to then get your backfocus right. I think probably the cheapest and simplest way would be to use a dovetail that has a couple of millimeters of lateral movement, by which the camera can be moved left, right, up and down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
How about a counterweight for cameras? That is for cameras with large filter wheels, where the counterweight provides balance the correct balance for the whole imaging system.

I could see a need for that Paul. Something like a "tube ring" to go around an adapter which then has a CW bar threaded into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
A thinner MMOAG type OAG would be great. Especially if it were able to rotate.

Greg.

That's a great idea Greg, something that could be built.
Is there a big need to be able to rotate the OAG/guide cam separate to the imaging camera, especially with square chips, as opposed to rotating the guide cam and imaging camera together?