View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 12:22 PM
denodan (Dennis)

For me its about EAA not astrophotography so much easier and forgiving at any focal length as your basically live viewing and stretching, histogram etc on the fly and not stacking on pc. While no match for astrophotography its quicker and easier and less time consuming.

If I want a snapshot just hit the save png as single image from the stacked image its built up so far.

Better than visual but not as good as astrophotography but inbetween both.

Its possible to do good EAA even on alt alz mount, but of course an EQ mount does refine it somewhat.

Remember years ago astrophotography was done on long refractors, or SCT F10 with great results, guess with less patience today, using short focus has become the trend, but image scale is smaller, there are advantages and disadvantages to both, at f2 your image scale is small, and rvtn though will be extremely fast, less image scale, so less fine details.

Way back then they had no reducers, or using fast scopes like we do now. Using a long focal ratio is a skill many wont have.

Same as back then hand guiding or manual guiding. I dought any astrophotography today would have the skill.

We are all spoiled by computers doing most of the work and automating things.