View Single Post
Old 14-10-2021, 08:34 PM
legswilly (Werner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Sometimes the CEO dries in small patches which are hard to remove except with lots of running water and finger rubbing. Do you have hard water? Or scratches create small circles. I have only experience with Pyrex.

My problem is I still have TDE on my small f4. The straight lines are creeeping toward the edge but I will be 100 before I finish at this rate. Perhaps I need to go back to fine grinding 600 or polish with with pads on the glass tool to get spherical. There are many conflicting techniques.
I found that I could get rid of most of the spots by rubbing them out with the fingers. After the last session of polishing, I found that it has gone a little convex. For the purpose of the autocollimation test rig, it would be well within the limits given. So I am letting it go until I can get the stage of the test stand re-built. I don't like the way I have done the existing one. More or less copied the Stellafane one, but with the stuff I had, it did not work well. Ordered parts on ebay, but did not come. Also waiting to get some tin for priming the glass for mirroring.
I don't have any experience in fixing a turned down edge. Looked at a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMp0sI3aYEU&t=204s. It might not be applicable to you. Going back to spherical with grinding and then polishing sounds like a good solution.