View Single Post
Old 25-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Boozlefoot
SQM 21.98 mag./arc sec2

[QUOTE=bojan;1539319]Well, you may want one of those for elevation:

Bojan - My thoughts perzackly! Have been considering that, by the time I've cut and fettled the steel, it will easier and same cost to use one of those at that price. (Could use similar rotary table with inbuilt tilt mechanism, but its purely "manual tilt" and would be a bugger to adjust)

Mura - As you can see I'm rather into the more "bushy" end of the astronomy spectrum, as you can see from my 10" SCT push-to. Am converting this at the moment to motorised with CNC "stand alone pendant". (I'll probably use the same pendant to drive this Altaz project.) It once had a 12" newt on it with hotrod flames painted at the aperture instead of aviation lights I kept falling off the ladder though...............
And a definite yes for the mockup pole

JA - yes, I would be using two tables (1 for az), and am considering underslung fork mount to alleviate room for steppers, and possibly compensate for the OTA weight. Not overfussed about zenith, if I can't reach it.........

It's really good to have these replies to keep me considering the pro's and cons - keeping my feet on the ground. Some people would be "amused" to see my motley collection of optics, I prefer the unusual and older style of technology
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (10SCT.jpg)
91.4 KB57 views