View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM
inline_online (Dan)

Introduce Myself

Hi all,

I've been lurking around this site for a while now so thought i'd better join up so I can hopefully contribute to some of the interesting discussions that i've read.

My name is Dan Gardiner and I live in Perth. I've been into astronomy for 16 years now and have owned a variety of telescopes in that time. My current stable includes a Takahashi FS-128 and a Skywatcher Flextube 12".

My interests in astronomy have changed a lot over the years and I now get most of my pleasure from public outreach sessions that I hold at the South Perth foreshore. I get a wide variety of people looking through the scope and the feedback I get is amazing. It keeps me going. I also started some spectroscopy projects a few years ago and am now looking at purchasing my first CCD camera so I can record my observations.

Outside of astronomy I am completing a MSc in Renewable Energy. I work as an energy and environmental advisor for a large construction/manufacturing company. I am also into inline skating and skate approx 100km each week around the cyclepaths of Perth.

Well, it's good to finally be on board and I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Cheers,
Dan