View Single Post
Old 20-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Robert_T
aiming for 2nd Halley's

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
You can use the DMK Camera for Autoguiding. The LXD75 has not guide port so you need to use ASCOM gudiing. ASCOM is the platform used to allow your Laptop to connect to the mount's controller and control it with one or many applications such as Planeteriums and or CCD capture software etc etc. The Autostar has a port on the HC that can be connected to your PC via A Serial cable. This connection as mentioned allows Computer to control the slewing of the mount. However this connection can also be used to send guide commands. This is known as ASCOM Guiding. This is not as good as direct guiding becuase that provides a dedicated link to the brain of your mount to recive send guide commands.
Hi Fahim, I've found a meade mount driver at Stark Labs site and downloaded their PhD software and the latest ASCOM platform so I might give ascom guiding through the HSC a go after all. When you mention not as good as direct guiding I assume you mean theirs a delay. In terms of it's impact do you think this could still give acceptable results for short focal length <550mm imaging?

many thanks, Rob