View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 02:42 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
That's disappointing to hear. I know Samyang QC can often be hit and miss but I thought Sigma might be better.
On the plus side, at least on Nikon: I have 3 Sigma Art lenses and the Samyang 14mm - all good.

It's a way out there suggestion, but there are some astrophotographers for reasons of sharpness/low coma that like to use the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 on their Canon EF bodies via a Nikon F to Canon EF adaptor in preference to other stuff from Canon or 3rd parties lenses for, the EF mount. Astrophotographer Tony Hallas spoke of it in some videos. Quantitative tests of this lens show excellent performance. On the same subject the new ($$$) Canon 35mm f/1.4L mentioned by Greg also tests very well, as do some Sigma.

You may find some interest with Tony Hallas here... from ~9:30 onwards where he talks about imaging gear (including your very camera, the Canon 6D used with the Nikon 14-24 f/2.8, a Samyang 35mm and a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8), remembering this is a ~2014 video

Also a review of the lens you were interested in the Samyang 20mm. It mentions and shows some / low coma at f/1.8 which improves by f/2.8...

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 12-04-2021 at 03:21 PM.