View Single Post
Old 30-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

Don’t wipe the glass . Don’t touch it.

Wash it with plenty of running water and stand on its edge to drain and dry
away from dusty drafts like you would a mirror . I lean mine against the tile wall on a laminate block resting on tissues or in the bath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legswilly View Post
I have been a while polishing and I found the glass is reasonably flat. It is difficult for me to take a photo, but it should be able to be seen on the attached photos. I have polished two sessions on the turntable and every time the fringes look a little different. I thought that it was not polished out, because I could see very small glittery flecks on checking with a laser light. That is the reflection on top of the glass. After each session of half an hour, I hose down the glass with town water, wash down with distilled water in a squeeze spray bottle and then with 70% alcohol from the spray bottle. I let this dry in the air and put it down flat. I use lens clean from my eye glasses supply and wipe it down with a very soft cloth, like velvet. I could see not difference in the polish after the last time. I tried shining the laser on the glass and wing it with a lens tissue and found that the flecks can be shifted with the tissue, they move when wiped. So I have lint after all the things I did.
Could you tell me how to get rid of the lint to see if the glass is indeed polished out. What do you use to wipe down the glass?