View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Zuts

Hi,

It may be helpful if you post the image so people can look at it.

Also, depending on your optical train and light pollution there could be lots of dust bunnies and gradients. If these are not removed by taking appropriate flats then when you stretch these will become apparent and dominate the image.

It is also useful to take darks and bias frames and give them to whatever stacking program you are using, before you begin your PS processing. Are you taking flats, darks and biases.

Also at 1800 mm focal length your guiding and polar alignment needs to be very very accurate. If it's not the data will not be very good. How round are the stars?

Finally, F13 is a very slow scope. You will need far more data than 6 minutes I would think. I get a great image after 3 minutes at F7 120 mm refractor. You have nearly twice my focal length so the general rule is double the F-Ratio, 4x the exposure time so are looking at 12 minutes to gather the same amount of light as me.

You are potentially being very optimistic starting off at F13 as a beginner. Most beginners start of with something like an ED80 and a focal reducer to learn the basics and then pick an image scale that they like and continue on.

Cheers
Paul