View Single Post
Old 17-10-2021, 12:17 PM
Sitt (Simon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
How does the mounting method change with the plate (I have one of those too on my pier but it uses the original attachment method on the mount itself) I honestly don't find the mounting method overly fiddly, and I set mine up night by night. I cut the L end off a long ball headed allan key to suit the mounting bolts and it allows me to start ans spin down the mount bolts easily, then I just nip them up using the original allan key that comes with the mount.

Regards the tripier versus tripier 360, if the 360 is all anodised finish then it will probably stay looking nicer for a lot longer than the painted finish parts on the standard one. Do the legs fold up in a way as compact as the standard one? On the standard one you remove the bottom portion of the legs and stow them inside the pier which makes it smaller to store.
So, if you adapted your Allan Key to suit then you must have found iOptron's method of securing the mount to the Pier fiddly?
When using the Adapter Plate, it’s a simple case of 4x bolts with easier access than iOptron mounting method. The mount is permanently fastened to the Adapter Plate via the two screws in the base of the mount. Its then a simple case of removing the 4x bolts and lifting the mount and adapter plate as one. A lot faster and nowhere near as fiddly.

The legs of the 360 don't detach like the smaller version, they fold along the Pier's length for storage. I've never used the smaller Pier but by all accounts the Tri-Pier 360 is a lot more robost as its max payload is 165kg whereas the Tri-Pier has 100kg payload

Last edited by Sitt; 17-10-2021 at 12:28 PM.