View Single Post
Old 24-04-2010, 03:01 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellx View Post
I suppose you are meaning that it will save time in setting up etc.
If you're shooting different channels with mono you ideally will need a filter wheel. You also might not have the time to shoot all the channels in one night. so if you have a pier and leave the scope on it, it will greatly help because you can match your subs back to where you left them. These are things to be aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellx View Post
I am also a bit curious about your dabble in narrowband. Some time in the future, this is where I would like to head. What was your main reason for not continuing? Time?
Oh no, I'm still doing it. What I meant is that this alone gave me a taste of what mono feels like because I have to use filters, so I will shoot Ha one night, then Oiii another night, then Sii (eventually) and it's all very time consuming and 'touch n' go' with the weather of late. So I find it really refreshing when I go on a dark site and plonk the camera and shoot RGB all night not having to worry about channels and complete everything righ there on the spot.

That's all. That's where I'm coming from. Mono's not for me. I don't want to put you off. Just a few facts.