View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 03:54 PM
2020BC (Bill Christie)
Bill Christie

<PRICE DROP> Sweet 6" Mak-Newt for Astro or Visual [Comet Hunter ! ]

For sale: is this fine multi-purpose Comet Hunter carbon fibre telescope permanently installed in my observatory for astrophotography and visual. It's an Explore Scientific 6" F4.8 Maksutov Newtonian with easy-fit-remove carbon-fibre dew shield; a sweet finder scope; and my best eyepiece. The optics are EMD coated on the corrector and the primary. Secondary is 99% Dielectric. Altogether a very well-designed piece of kit that's served me well.

I found the focuser well-suited to astrophotography. It's a smooth 10:1 speed 2-inch and finding and holding focus was a joy compared to other scopes that I've had.

Focuser tube has a threaded extension tube for visual use. Telrad is included.

A very flexible all-rounder scope, sought after for visual and astrophotography, that holds collimation well. I'm changing my rig and so sadly letting it go to a good home.

Dew shield
8 x 50 corrected view finder;
Explore Scientific 30mm 70 degree eyepiece
Tube rings with very convenient integrated carry handle and vixen dovetail;
Caps,
Telrad and base

A beautifully made and very versatile scope for low or high power viewing and astrophotography.

Some nice images that I've taken with this scope can be viewed here (all pics for this year) -> http://www.zodiaclight.com/whatsnew.htm

$790 plus buyer pays postage
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Pic1Topside.jpg)
182.4 KB524 views
Click for full-size image (Pic2Installation.jpg)
149.3 KB450 views
Click for full-size image (Pic1Corrector.jpg)
134.9 KB470 views
Click for full-size image (OmegaCentauriMakNewt.jpg)
127.0 KB505 views
Click for full-size image (FlameMak38x2minsDarkedGuided21Feb2017.jpg)
87.2 KB551 views

Last edited by 2020BC; 17-01-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Price Drop