Thread: My Rant
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 07:09 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

My Rant

I used to like going out in the Car, especially if going to the Glass House Mountains or some other nice place to visit.
I go see my Grandson ( Ethan 2years old at Toowoomba )...or to Yarrabilba where my other daughter lives.

So, whats up Col .... Is it just me getting old and cranky.
Everywhere on the road, I am constantly tail gated by other drivers....especially by big SUV's / Tradies rushing about in their big Hi-Lux's / Amarocks / Ram's and other sorts of everyday vehicle.

I sit on the speed limit all the time as road infringements / fines are astronomical now.
I drive in the left lane so as to let others go by ...but cars will still persist to ride on my back bumper.....trying to push me faster.

On the M1 heading to the Gold Coast, the mind boggles at the stupidity of drivers ' tail gating ' at 110kph.....I've see the result of 6 car ' pileups ' because of this driving behavior....I have absolutely NO SYMPATHY for these idiots .....it's all rush, rush, rush from the time they get into their cars.

It's very intimidating at times and down right dangerous...if I had to brake suddenly for whatever reason, the vehicle behind me would slam straight into me...no hope at all of stopping.....this is how a lot of people drive up here.

Anyhow, I'm off to have a Valium ...or 2