View Single Post
Old 24-07-2015, 06:33 PM
jase (Jason)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Niiiiice... makes me wish I'd used my FR when I shot M83 recently. I think I actually prefer wider fields with galaxies. Good work!
Cheers Lee! Some galaxies may suit a wider field. Most are distant and small in angular size so magnification is needed. Big chip imaging, you can have the best of both worlds or do a mosaic! Thanks for checking it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
A very nice wide view of M83, Jase! Perhaps a longer integration with such a fast system and dark skies would pick up the star streams?

I was working on a long FL version of M83 when my camera packed it in

Cheers,
Rick.
Thanks Rick! The stellar stream is certainly faint but not too difficult to capture with this system. I was able to see the arc in 40mins of clear filtered data. More integration may have delivered a smoother result but likely not brighter. There is a lot of information available about the M83 stream here - http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X/789/2/126/
Thanks for checking it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Spectacular Jase! Stunning clarity and lovely colours.
Thanks Rex. Pleased you liked it. The background could have been flatter. I wasn't brave enough to go in with PI DBE or other tools. Due to differences in the camera angle throughout testing, some of subs didn't correct very well with flats. Seems to not have impacted the image too much.

Last edited by jase; 24-07-2015 at 07:03 PM. Reason: typo