View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 01:48 AM
Don Pensack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
... has anyone tried the Meade Wide Angle 100° Long Eye Relief Eyepieces? The price is OK certainly. Not sure how good this EP is for faster scopes e.g F5.5 and lower?

Re the TV EP's , I can't find any TV in stock in AUS - what's happening with supply currently?

The Morpheus looks like a great eyepiece according to forum feedback but with a lower FOV.

Thanks

SB
The Meades are actually about 88° in field, per many measurements of them. That is still impressive for longer eye relief, however. Many users of fast (f/5 and below) scopes report a bit of lateral field astigmatism, but no one reports it is bad except on the 26mm, if I recall.
I suggest you do a Google search for reviews and comments about the Meade Mega Wide Angle (MWA) eyepieces. There are hundreds of comments.

Supply chain problems are major, world-around. Here in the US, we have billions of dollars of goods sitting in the harbors, unloaded, and some of it is now destroyed food and dead animals.
https://medium.com/@ryan79z28/im-a-t...d-bbe0ebac6a91

Covid19 raised demand by 300-400% and the factories are running at maximum and falling behind. Now they're experiencing shortages of materials like glass, and labor as well. It's a mess. Realistically, we're going to deal with this until Covid 19 passes into history. How long will that be? My crystal ball is foggy.