View Single Post
Old 25-10-2021, 11:53 AM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Thanks Martin and Steve,
This Forum has really got me interested in visual. The discussion about the Morpheus EPs is fascinating and the description of immersion is very appealing.

Which vendors sell the Morpheus range?

Haha, I can see a conflict brewing between Imaging and visual as to which setup gets to go on top of the the EQ6 !!

SB
Nice choice in ep's, I know of two QLD companies that do, they were $360 at entry currently $385-$420, which hurts them a little. Astro Anarchy for 1 option...

If your not after a really wide field with the tracking at hand, there are gems in the sub $150 range new, if you do want wide field $400+ and I'd differ to Martin on the APM 110/100 degree series. The $150 maybe not show boat pieces, but are very capable.

ES is stocked in Sydney by a few places, so is Sky Rover, no Oz sale point for APM that I have found.

With no VAT and postage prices from the US, UK/Germany etc are cheaper to the door for some things.

Visuals is easy, you'll give in and get a 10-12" dob to look through while doing AP on the EQ-6...

While I really like the Morpheus range, the same rule still applies you will find varying performance across the range of magnifications. So, be prepared to pick the eye teeth from a few brands/series.

Last edited by mura_gadi; 25-10-2021 at 12:12 PM.