Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2021, 10:58 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I was going to get the correct unit, then I was going to make one then common sense took over and I realised it only has to been in place for a very short time to get it more or less close...and that was the main thrust as I did think I would be moving the tripod...and maybe by the time I get to image I will have bought or made a bracket or done away with polemaster entirely.

My shipwright friend was constantly saying that he would do things this way or that way, better maybe but given the huge to-do list I run things like blue tack move you forward.

Like instead of building the car port I have moved the van into shade and this morning covered the van with a huge tarp to stop any leaks..that tarp will last a year..I hope I am around to fit the new one..but today with rain promising to drop any second I dont want to be depending on a prefab car port delivery in March.

And that 400 mtrs of Telecom rope sure came in handy...

So much still to do so quiet a few things will get the blue tack approach...its great for so many things...I discovered coloured blue tack..but I have miss placed it..but that opens up possibilities ...cables..camera cable gets blue..heater red.. temporary things.. I like to run stuff temporary before I comit to permanent...and remember my whole existence is temporary so making something to last a couple of decades is stupid and pointless and time wasting.
Alex