Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Imme (Jon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
No fifty for me. But I am having trouble deciding what scope to get..this all came about because I wanted a 16 inch which I have decided against...I cantfind anything out there to give any idea how good or bad they are..I ,today at least, am back to a 10 inch with the flash carbon fiber rods ..heck carbon fiber it must be good... or the more expensive 150 Espirit...but I will just do what I want to do to this new building...cement around the legs and pier foundations as I said...and I was just thinking now it really needs it's own power set up...I have some neat flooring to go in..maybe some lining, and I need to give thought to motorising the roof...mmm yes I better think about how to do that..take my mind off astronomy for a while.
Alex
Hi Alex, I grabbed myself a Williams optics flt-132 which I’m really happy with. They’re reasonable priced and I think they are very undervalued for what they can do and the quality its of the build.
I was thinking Tak originally however haven’t looked back since grabbing the flt132 and now wouldn’t get rid of it for any upgrade.
One to put in the mix for you I think.
Check out any of my images from the last years or two and you can see what it can do in a beginners hands.

.....also it’s light enough for an eq6 which is a bonus.