View Single Post
Old 20-01-2014, 10:20 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
Yes Rick, I've been using LAB for years on my astro shots.
Love the fine control it gives.

Thanks, Andrew. There's a lot to be said for decoupling lightness from colour. Quite a few of the PixInsight processes use LAB behind the scenes and have an option to operate on the L channel only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
The only technique I have used was to control colour noise with blurring of the appropriate channel in LAB. But other approaches seemed more flexible so tend not to use it.

We never got those talks from AAIC. I didn't take notes because I figured I could go over them later in the downloads.

Greg.
Greg, the chapter by Jay in the Lessons from the Masters book covers pretty much all the stuff he talked about in his first AAIC talk but it is a shame we haven't seen the rest of the presentations online yet.

I have found a few things that I can do in LAB that are much more difficult to do in any other way. I'm reading a Photoshop book, Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum and Other Adventures in the Most Powerful Colorspace at present. I'm hoping to pick up a few new techniques that I can transfer across to PixInsight.

Cheers,
Rick.