View Single Post
Old 14-12-2019, 07:23 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Touching back on this, this is a snip from the ZWO website about the ASI2600. I am not imagining things am I? All gains are above unity according to this. It looks like the lowest gain is set up to fill more or less the whole 16 bit ADC range and everything above that has a resultant drop in effective full well.

That said, with the lower read noise than the ASI294 (About half) at lowest gain it might perform really nicely at hat gain where IMO the 0 gain images from my 294 always looked a little flat as well as noisy.

Trawling the specs this cam looks to have some interesting bits, the photos don't show it (They may be pre production images) but the drawings on the page show a ring of mounting holes on the tilt plate on a 62mm PCD, which match the QHY guider and presumably others so would allow for fixed, bolted installation to an OAG or filter wheel (If you wanted to try out NB filters on it) to be able to eliminate a threaded connection and reduce both backspacing and the opportunities to introduce tilt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ASI2600.JPG)
75.6 KB23 views