View Single Post
Old 16-06-2016, 09:05 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
did you reload the basic driver as well as the ASCOM driver?

in Sharpcap, did you try to run it as a direct show camera? I have had no trouble with direct show, but I think it requires that the basic driver be in good condition. It might be a good idea to establish that the hardware is working properly by running Sharpcap/directshow, using the supplied USB3 cable, and without reference to ASCOM or SGP. If that works, try it as an ASCOM camera under Sharpcap (the direct show driver may set the chip up properly so that it works under ASCOM). If you can get it to run under ASCOM in Sharpcap, try SGP again and then move onto the extended USB hardware. That might give you some idea of where the problem(s) lie.

FWIW, I would guess that the various bits of software load registers in the chip to control the various functions, so unplugging and reconnecting the camera USB may also be worth doing if things play up - might possibly clear a register that is not in the right state
Ray i will try your suggestions tonight. I have just purged and reinstalled. Tonight looks to be my last chance for sky testing as the rain is coming back. Probably already affecting SA.