View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022, 08:55 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croweater View Post
Graet stuff Martin. Have been following your progress for a few years now as someone who started with an affordable setup that achieved great results and now evolved into one of the goto people on this site for helpful advice (and excellent tutorials that i believe should be stickies)and constructive comments. I've been using you to build my astrophoto knowledge for when I take a dive into it. It's hard now as i'm a shiftworker but retirement beckons in a year or two and then I'll be ready. Best of luck with your new rig.
Cheers, Richard
Thanks Richard
Very kind comments
I knew absolutely nothing about Astronomy prior to 2017 but having a business for 25 years and technical career for over 40 years certainly helped me on my Astro journey
I still consider myself a beginner as to me 5 years into this hobby is a short period of time.Quite a few folk on the forum have 10 to 40 years into the hobby.
The main reason I wrote procedures was mainly so I wouldn’t forget how to do things , so much to remember , but on the same token I like to help people where I can ( it’s not an easy hobby especially AP )
My next venture is Mono imaging but not until next year as the finance minister ( wife) has some travel plans in the budget.
It’s a time consuming hobby but very very rewarding plus it keep the old brain healthy too
I’m glad my experiences and limited knowledge has helped in some small way
Thanks Again

Cheers
Martin