View Single Post
Old 22-03-2022, 11:45 AM
mldee (Mike)
Photon sorter

Plain 1" alum angle worked fine in my previous ob, with $6 plastic roller wheels. Space the angle correctly for minimum sideplay and the rollers don't derail, sort of like a locomotive wheel in reverse. I didn't bother with any wind-lift protection while open, although might be a consideration with a light roof. Used four bungie cords to hold it down when closed. Worked extremely well and very easy to push open/closed.

I went with the C-channel and rollers from a panel garage door for my latest obs roof, and found it a bit of a PITA to install and align, probably just my geriatric incapabilities, but it has the advantage of captive rollers for wind protection up here in the valley.

For your concept, I'd just go with the 1" angle iron/alum from Bunnings and small wheels, three to a side. I'm also tempted to get one of the sheds for my second EQ6 pier, which presently sits unused and lonely on a slab at the rear of my obs. Found the front veranda with the EQ6 tripod to be far more convenient even if no northern coverage.

I presume your obs is plan B from the previous caravan concept?