View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 07:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKay View Post
Hey Alex.

I was thinking about you the other night...must have been cloudy

Some of the best images are Ha or Lum only.
In that case you don't have to worry about colour, just contrast, depth and detail.

Anyways, just a thought.
Thanks for thinking about me Peter.

I really am not worried about the colour as I will get on top of it such that I can present my images in a manner that they are more acceptable in the colour department...I actually do quiet a few black and whites and work rather hard on detail... they turn out so good I dare not post them as everyone will think I am far too clever

What I do like to do is stack everything I have..L,Ha, S11, O11 all together using 3x drizzle and they come out with rather decent detail..often 600 or more subs that have passed close inspection..but at the moment I am still setting up the RASA ...although I have now owned it for a while what with my health and the weather I have not had much time with it and it needs more...also I realised today that I have been shooting over the genny shed with the genny running so no wonder my sky is like an ocean..the heat and moisture not good..I am going to the observatory later and I notice my batteries need charging so I can do some tests having the genny on and off...In any event I am having fun even if the RASA is not delivering the dream and I am learning so much.

I am for instance making a jig to deal with sensor tilt..I love those challenges.

Now I probably won't be serious tonight as I want to sort out my new auto guiding gear and find a way to take flats that produce usable flats with out to much mucking about.

AND I am not making excuses but I have not been all that well for a while now and so things are taking more time than I expected.. but I don't care you see..just playing in the observatory is just so much fun...and I 've also been doing a lot of visual via the screen...just prowling about looking for interesting subjects not usually covered...like blobs.. I like blobs

It is all good...and getting better every day.

Alex