View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 04:45 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I was so tired today but I managed to screw down the iron roof at last ...borrowed a step ladder which gave access to all the roof without actually climbing on it but for me it was like climbing My Everest...up and down each two screws ....but I am so happy it's done and only two screws missed the beam which I can sort out ..Add a little section of beam just for them.
Also the ply for the floor was brought down so I will be able to complete the floor over the next couple of days ... Well get it mostly done.

Trimmed the excess ply lining and a few over hangs. There are a lot of little things to get it all right...bit out of square which oncewould have me burning the lot but I have overcome such obsession with perfection...it works and on the whole does not look too bad...anyways the next one will be perfect this one is a proto type...thats how I can accept little flaws.

The timber I fixed to the roof to stop it going off track failed but it moves ok until I add something more.

So it's a clear day looks as though it will be a clear night so I will set up the heq5 on it's tripod to get an idea how high to have the pier but I doubt if I will get any photos as I think I need an early night....but I have lit my pile of wood in the fire pit to see how that effects dew in the clearing...Anyways it will be nice to sit by it and just look at the Milky Way and relax.
May do some toast..there is nothing like toast on an open fire.
Alex