View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 PM
ballaratdragons (Ken)
The 'DRAGON MAN'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C View Post
Hi Ken,

the website refers to an SCX-RD100 controller. Do you use that or control it from a PC?

Also notice it has 10X the sensitivity in mono - have you tested its limits at all in mono in terms of faint galaxies etc at full sense up?

Cheers,

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

The SCX-RD100 is an in-line remote controller that allows you to do all the camera controls and setting at a distance.
I intend to get one but at the moment I am using a little 5" B&W CRT TV out at the camera via a Y connector.
I have to go out to the camera to change setting at the moment and I watch what I am doing on the little TV.

Once I get the SCX-RD100 I will be able to remain inside and do all the settings

The amazing thing with this camera and the SCX-RD100 is that it is connected in-line on the video co-ax cable as it allows 2 way similtaneous communication.

But at $290 it will have to wait a bit longer.

As for the 10x more sensitive B&W mode at full sens-up? No, not yet. I have been having too much fun seeing everything 'LIVE' in full colour

But I will be testing it's full capabilities on the next outing (hopefully tomorrow [Saturday] night)

I am a Deeeeep Sky enthusiast so It will be exciting to see how far I can go.