Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2020, 02:52 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

TvI cant believe it the bolt I went into town at 7am to purchase to connect the mount to my casting is about three centimetres too long...too early to think I guess...so I worked around it by cutting a ply disk that has become a large washer...actually works well...but in time I will install a bolt of correct size of course...but you could use the mount...if it was not raining etc.

One of the benefit from my racing days is you get an attitude to get to the starting line no matter what..

When putting the mold together it became apparent that it would be sensible to add the little peg which the azimuth controls reference later so I have yet to drill and tap a hole for it which I will do after I have satisfied myself that the mount is pointing South...so far it is level which is good ..there is plenty of adjustment in that department but it was so cool to find it was dead level when I put the mount on having kept an eye on how level the thing was during construction.
I did want to throw some seed around in the rain but I feel I can take the rest of the day off.
Alex
I am very happy with the design of the thing I made...I think it is a better approach than other stuff I have seen...in fact I may get some made to sell, create an astronomy business and offset income against expenditure.

Edit addition...the unit may look a little ruff but that is because I have sanded it before another coat of my magic mix...it works like car bog..dies not need a nice finish but I want to see how good I can get it.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20201024142423_resize_1.jpg)
148.8 KB120 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 24-10-2020 at 03:07 PM.