Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 12:42 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Klepp View Post
No Alex unfortunately I have to many scopes but it did cross my mind.The end result looks good.
Derek
You can never have too many scopes.

So I now have 6 star pickets, another four bags of concrete, a driver thingy to drive in the star pickets and a block splitter of my own rather than borrow from the girls at the main house where they live..not me.
I picked up another solar panel like the little one for the double observatory, lots of 12 volt wire and hope to use the batteries I replaced in the van for something..they don't hold much it seems but if nothing else they can do the lighting as I have three neat led strips that can in the van that will be happy running off that set up...but I suspect another lot like the ones I got for the van will be needed for the new observatory when I set up a desk top in there...but no work today I feel crook from all the running around yesterday...that is a pity as it is raining on and off and I could burnt off some stuff but I just can't do it.

Getting the rocks will be a huge job for me, I have a good supply all piled up near the house but I will need at least a ton, maybe two, so that could be four trips, load unload place in position add concrete. It's like getting a house at lock up stage or the hull and deck of a boat and you think there's a few things to add but it is near done..it's not.
So been laying down waiting for me to be able to move and with the hints of Sun recharge the batteries...The genny key start won't work, and it's not it's battery, and I just can't pull start it today..other days yes...I just want to make a cuppa but it is too much effort..lucky had a long life milk handy so I can keep hydrated...

And I have piled up grass clippings and lots of ash and some top soil for a little garden which will give me an interest.

Alex