View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 PM
§AB
Its only a column of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Nice review, well written. Sounds like it has an excellent mirror, as I assumed from reading all your reports the past six months.
Thanks mate I am no expert on star testing but I remember Dave saying the views according to him were "second to none" and/or "as good as in any 10" Dob I've seen", something along the lines of that, and the other day I got a very nice crisp trapezium at 357x, with the E and F components seperated from the primaries by miles of black space, so the mirror is probably very well figured I dunno how a star test should look so maybe an expert could check that out?

Quote:
How do you collimate it? Cheshire? Laser? Barlow laser?
I've got a sight tube but it has too much slop in the focuser so I use the cheshire. I centered the secondary as good as I can using the bottom end of the cheshire, centered the primary in the secondary and then use the reflection of the silver 45º angled plate in the cheshire to line up the primary's center spot. The cheshire has a wee bit of slop in the focuser aswell but I've been told it's not significant enough to make any noticable impact.

Quote:
Any sign of rust? Or has that issue been addressed on the GSO scopes now? I recall some that tended to develop rust spots.
Rust?