Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 10:37 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

There is still considerable work to do on the eight inch and today I connected up the OAG, Filter wheel and camera another zwo 2600mm) however I can't connect the camera to the filter wheel as missing one thing...male 42 to female 48 I think .... oh and the new Coma Correcter which arrived earlier today... and as I predicted the lost Coma corrector turned up later in the day...however probably the new one is much better...I found a box of stuff that I had forgotten about...the polemaster camera even which has lost its job to the Asiair...but very happy as it was driving me bats as I was sure it was here someplace.

Anyways now that the pier presumably has cured I wanted to polar align and although it has been raining when I looked out it was clear...so went down and moved the 80mm set up over to the new mount and pier...And the damn mount would not work no matter what I did and finally I had to hit the on off button on the side ...what a silly idea...but of course by then the whole sky was covered in cloud ...nevertheless I switched on Asiair connected everything and even with the roof closed told the mount to goto m42 ...so quick and business like... obviously it could not plate solve so I told it to stop and then park and then switched off...not much really but I am very very happy as this ends this part of the trip and it was only a little while ago that there was no pier or new mount and stuff...now there is..it's great as I am particularly happy that I built the pier all by myself
24 plus bags of concrete and 20 star pickets was impossible for me but little by little I did it...the biggest thing is to be patient and just chip away.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20230201205043_resize_21.jpg)
127.0 KB54 views