View Single Post
Old 23-05-2016, 06:27 PM
glend (Glen)

Well yes Dunk it is a wonderful clear night with the Full Moon just rising! I don't think I am ready for imaging just yet, I have not even powered it up yet. I need to work out the drivers, and the wheel operation. Probably do some darks first so I can get a handle on controlling it.
BTW, I have torn the wheel apart to remove the universal camera adaptor QHY put on the camera side, and now have the ASI screwed directly to the wheel (yes there is just enough M42 thread to do that). I have a spacer on the scope side to prevent the T-Adaptor from getting near the filter lock screws, its tight but seems ok. Filters are loaded, test soon.
New config photos below. The new distance from the back of the T-Adaptor t the sensor is under 30mm. I have plenty of backfocus range on all my scopes so its not a problem, and if it was I could stick a t-thread spacer behind the scope adaptor. I prefer the filter to be as close to the sensor as possible, but really vignetting is not a problem with 36mm filters in front of this sensor. The guys on CN running small filters will have to watch it.
New Config below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF1385.jpg)
199.2 KB42 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1386.jpg)
213.3 KB38 views