Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Wayne ,
Just went through your procedures
I assume your using an EQ6 mount with your Synscan handcontroller
Yes I have a NEQ6 Pro v5 H/C with the latest firmware

Quote:
Firstly are you using the Synscan handcontroller to Star align and Polar align ?
Yes I am. And selecting the stars advised by synscan

Quote:
I’ve only ever needed a 2 star alignment ( one of those stars being your polar alignment Star )
From what I have read 2 or 3 star alignment is ok. I do 3 just because I want to... personal preference

Quote:
Secondly why are you repeating all your processes twice as you only need to polar align once ( if your happy with the error )
In the manual it says doing this 2-3 times to get low Polar align numbers. My first round was in the high mins, then once I did it again I was able to get those numbers down.

Quote:
Thirdly I’ve never seen anyone polar align to the low numbers you have displayed which are are unbelievable
I'm very anal with my measurements (builders side of me). All I can say is try doing 2 or 3 polar alignments to narrow in on the numbers Every target I hit I was bang on in the middle of my DSLR view finder. I did however spend 2.5hrs dialing it all in.

Quote:
Lastly you don’t need to adjust the setting circles ( clocks ) on your mount ( I just use them to set home position on the mount and that’s it )
Yes. this is why I was doing this, to set home positions. The DEC (I think) was moving after every alignment. I was preparing for the Park feature and may need to release the clutch once powered down. I understand it didnt play a role in my alignment.

Quote:
I just have a query with your Synscan polar alignment procedure ( did you use the PDF file I sent you to carry out the Synscan polar alignment routine ?)
Cheers
Martin
I did read all your documents (thank you) and got some solid information from it (balancing and setting east heavy for backlash was from you .. and also trolling youtube and reading the synscan manual.

The process/workflow of alignment was very much the same as using my celestron evo mount with a wedge so this wasnt too new to me

Cheers
Wayne