View Single Post
Old 30-01-2022, 10:37 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubenel View Post
Following Happy to see the big dob tick box filled. Looking at your views makes me breathe deep B1!!!!!! you are a fortunate man that has navigated life in such a way to make your (our ) dream come to fruition .( there is always a cost and not only $.....I'm also thinking about a ROS on a deck as "Zamar" (my 20" ) has prohibitive dome dimensions so following with interest to pick up any design Ester eggs
Ha ha Wes, yes, luckily my best Astro buddy, Attila, came to the rescue when a suitable and affordable big dob came up on the used market and he snapped it up (hey a 20" would'a been good though ) and has kindly donated it to Eagleview so that it has the visual aperture such a site deserves! We will be erecting a solid reinforced garden shed, with double doors, on a slab with a short (~4m) concrete path out to an nice open observing pad, so we can simply wheel her in and out and be up and running in minutes. We will have the 12" Dob as a second and back up scope if we have visitors and for extra fun, Attila has a marvellous long FL 3" refractor that gives pristine dark high contrast views with text book pin point stars, like the good'ol days err? umm?...I also have a modest 6" F7.5 AstroPhysics Starfire APO in the wardrobe too and an Tak NJP mount sitting idle ...so a veritable visual and imaging scope fest can be had!

Your "Your (our)" dream comment, really resonates deeply, yes it is most of our dreams to end up somewhere similar to where I have and I don't, not for one minute, take it for granted and I know very well just how incredibly lucky I am, it makes me smile and reflect, both at the same time. I hope to make the site available, in some sort of capacity, to as many others down the track as possible, as to not do so, in the words of some of our governing clowns, would be just plain un-Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyoutback View Post
Hi Mike '
Have you tried out the 18" at Eagleview yet ?
Can't wait to hear your report from such a great location .

Regards
Bobby
Soon Bobby soon, reality is that, even (still) being stronger than the average man, it is not an easy one man setup (without pulling it apart) and the weather and getting the two of us together at the same time hasn't happened yet...soon. It looks awesome in the lounge though

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (18 inch.jpg)
149.0 KB136 views

Last edited by strongmanmike; 31-01-2022 at 09:22 AM.