View Single Post
Old 27-07-2017, 08:19 AM
cruxo (Craig)

Hi everyone, Im Craig. I thought I should introduce myself.
My background in astronomy goes back to before I can remember with a long time love affair with the Southern Cross. With this being said, I had never actually had or given myself the opportunity to look at the stars with any type of magnification. Until about 2/3 months ago when i purchased a pair of 15x70 mead bino's. Wow! Needless to say, the Crux was my first target, and was I impressed. I had no idea of the gems hidden behind my light affected skies. So here I am, 3 weeks after the purchase of my first scope (8" Skywatcher Dobsonian). Every time I've dragged it out the back yard since, I've been blown away by the treasures in our sky.
So now I would like to start the process of documenting what I am seeing, with both My 8" Dob and Bino's. I have some filters on the way too.
So my question now is, what is the best way to go about this?
I have my own ideas about it, but the more I think about the process, the more chaotic my thoughts become. Haha....hmmm
Is there a common/standard way of doing it, or is it a process we should be stumbling through on our own?
Thanks for any advice offered.