View Single Post
Old 28-09-2016, 10:21 AM
cfn
Cloud Free Night Team

Quote:
Owww… That just wrecked my multi-site tabs. I had it nicely set up and was grinning: site 1 meteogram, bookmark it in cfn, bookmark it on browser (Chrome); new tab ditto site 2, new tab ditto site 3. Anytime, I could call up 3 tabs. Quick-as and no cookies. (Actually, just like BoM location-specific tabs I bookmarked.) Now it defaults to personal mycfn in-your-face that I do not want to get personal about. Or defaults to Home with general info. IMHO I think quick and easy public-access first, straight to data, is the key, such as for many popular sites.

Can’t it be like, say, IIS where unobtrusively at a corner you could login when you want to?

Anyway. I’m plenty appreciative so this is in no way a complaint. It’s a feedback. Like, fewer grins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfn View Post
myCFN provides you with up to 10 bookmarks and no login required.

Expanding on this so there is no confusion.

What you are trying to achieve is bookmark multiple locations in different tabs in your browser. This will work initially when you click on the first bookmark, but as soon as you click on the second bookmark the location in your first tab will also change to the second bookmark. There is no way around that. It's a default behaviour of your browser.

You mentioned the added step of having to login. With myCFN you don't even have to login. That's the beauty of it. All you get is one encrypted link that when clicked will log you in automatically and set the site to whatever your locations and settings are.

You can add this link as an ICON to your home screen on any mobile phone or tablet. If you are using CHROME you can also run it as a web application by adding it to your Windows Desktop. If you are on IE you can add it to your desktop as well. So any which way you think about it, there is no login or bookmarking required.

Quote:
IMHO I think quick and easy public-access first, straight to data, is the key, such as for many popular sites.
Straight to the data it is. But we do it even better. Straight to your data. No popular site does it as easily and as efficiently as we do.

Last edited by cfn; 28-09-2016 at 10:33 AM.