View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 02:39 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
And Mike, you are the devil that started me down this path. Yikes so many issues but many close to being solved. I have custom piece of software that allows me to sync both cameras so I can dither and automate using CCDAP. And focus max v4 has an acquire star function for dual focusers. It works but still has a bug when connected to CCDAP. So, I'm very close. Unfortunately the larger field (not by much) is the TEC 180 doing luminance. This is the higher resolution scope so I think that makes sense. So far this arrangement is giving really good results.

Peter
You are quite right, I was thinking that but didn't do the calcs because I am at work and was being a bit brief ...That custom software that allows synching/dithering with two cameras sounds like the smoking gun really, remember it is really only the Lum that needs to be perfect, the RGB can be pretty ordinary and LRGB still works very well (unless you want to be able to construct synthetic Lums of course). Once running to your liking you will have a formidable outfit Pete....so sorry

Mike