Thread: G'day
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2005, 03:18 PM
coffeegirl

wow few from the south east here !!! I'm not far from Fountain Gate.

Thanks for info on other thread, I'll check it out.

Striker, I wish. Really wanted to go to Queensland (Gold Coast) when we sold up last year but boy all the Sydney siders go up to pick up a bargain house in QLD. Only trouble is, Sydney's idea of a bargain is $400k+ lol. The house prices have just gone thru the roof and the wages are still crap. Cheaper to stick to Melbourne and get paid more.

Mike I'm not sure hw I heard about this site, just did a search for astronomy forums last night. I really dont know what sort of scope to buy and to be honest have some higher priority things to buy this year so it's a long term wish. I have zero experience with telescopes. Wouldn't know the first thing about them. I am just wary of buying a cheapie, even if that's my budget for one lol.

Really want to go along to one of those nights the astronomy clubs put on where you pay a small fee and get to look thru their scopes. I really must do that, there is a place down the peninsular way that does it on a Friday evening. I have it bookmarked somewhere here.

Michelle

Last edited by coffeegirl; 21-01-2005 at 03:20 PM.